Are you residing abroad and missing desi (India, Pakistan and Bangladesh ) food? Do you find it hard to get into the kitchen to prepare food for yourself? Do you want to make the restaurant-style delicious tikka at home? If yes, then we are here to treat yourself with the authentic and irresistibly aromatic best Pakistani chicken tikka recipes.
If you’re an immigrant and living in the states, then I’m sure that you missed world-famous chicken tikka badly. After moving to the US, the first challenge that I faced was I didn’t even know how to fry an egg for breakfast? Over the next few weeks, what I missed the most was the chicken tikka masala (one of my favorite dishes). Let me share with you how I tackled that situation.
One day I asked myself, should I order food daily? Is it healthy? In that troubling situation, what I want is a quick and easy recipe, as I always feel terrible looking into the number of ingredients in a recipe. I always ask myself; can’t you prepare it easily?
Now the time has passed, I am now fond of cooking, and I love cooking food for myself. In this article, I’m going to share with you the easy Pakistani chicken tikka recipes in detail. These recipes will make you feel right at home.
3 Pakistani Chicken Tikka Recipes I Miss The Most After Moving To The USA
Pakistan Chicken tikka is rich, full of spices, and has many variations. Are you ready for some mouth-watering Chicken Tikka Recipes? I hope you would love these tantalizing and unique recipes.
Unbelievably Awesome Chicken Tikka Recipe
One of the most delicious and lovable starters across the world! Why your tikka become dry? Any guesses? The proper the margination, the better they taste! Yes, leaving marinated chicken overnight results in juicy and tender chicken. Incredibly flavorful recipe, am I right?
Not sure what to make for a friend’s party at home? Prepare tender chicken tikka for your guests. This recipe is bound to please your guests. I made this recipe last week for a friend’s get together at home. Can you believe everyone licked their plates? Let’s make memorable memories around the table with delicious recipes.
Servings: 4 Person
- Chicken Breasts (4) cut into 1-inch cubes
- Ginger paste (0.5 oz)
- Minced garlic (0.5 oz)
- Red Hot Chilli Pepper(1/6 oz)
- Allspice Powder (1/6 oz)
- Lemon Juice (1fl. oz)
- Salt(1/6 oz)
- Cumin Powder (2 mL)
- Tomato Paste (1/6 oz)
- Thick yogurt (4 oz)
- Melted butter or olive oil, (for brushing)
- Fresh Lime (for serving)
- Cut the chicken into cubes and prick the chicken with a fork.
- Marinade the chicken with lemon and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add yogurt, ginger and garlic paste, cumin, allspice powder, red hot chili powder, tomato paste, and salt. Stir well
- Add the chicken into the marinade and then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let it marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably 4-6 hours.
- Preheat the grill on a medium flame and grease with little oil
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and place chicken skewers on the grill.
- Grill on all sides for at least 5 minutes; brush the chicken with butter or olive oil until the chicken cubes are cooked through.
- Serve immediately with Lime and a salad on the side.
Try this delicious tikka recipe once. I guarantee that you’ll love it. This mouth-watering dish can be served either in lunch or dinner. So, are you ready for this flavorsome treat? Prepare it for yourself by adopting the procedure described above.
Chicken Tikka Masala
Roasted chicken tikka bites in a creamy and spicy sauce. Cracking mix, isn’t it? People of all age groups love this recipe. Why dine out when you can prepare a flavorsome meal at home?
Are you wondering where to get ingredients for this recipe? These are all in your pantry. Yes, you heard that right. If missing, you can easily buy these from the nearby grocery store.
Check out the complete ingredients and steps to prepare delicious chicken tikka masala at home.
Servings: 5 persons
- Chicken Thighs (2.2 lb) (boneless & skinless cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Plain yogurt (8 oz)
- Minced garlic (0.75 oz)
- Turmeric (1/6 oz)
- Ginger paste (0.5 oz)
- Spice Powder (1/3 oz)
- Ground Cumin(1/6 oz)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/6 oz)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Olive oil (0.5 fl. oz)
- Heavy Cream (4 oz)
- Butter (1 oz)
- Chopped onion (1)
- Ginger & garlic paste (1/6 oz)
- Turmeric powder (0.002 lb.)
- Coriander (0.002 lb.)
- Cumin (0.002 lb.)
- Spice Powder (0.002 lb.)
- Tomato Puree(14oz)
- Chilli Powder (1/6 oz)
- Salt (1/6 oz)
- Brown Sugar (1/6 oz)
INSTRUCTIONS (step by step guide)
- Take a bowl and combine yogurt, ginger and garlic paste, allspice powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chili, and salt.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken; keep in the refrigerator and let it marinate overnight (or at least 2 hours) for a perfect chicken tikka.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add chicken pieces and cook them for 3 minutes (each side) until browned.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. The tips here is to fry the chicken over 2-3 batches. Keep the chicken aside
- Heat the butter in the same pan. Sautee the onion till translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, and then add turmeric powder, coriander, and allspice powder. Stir occasionally.
- Add tomato puree into the pan, add chili powder and salt to taste. Let it cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add Cream and brown sugar stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken bites along with juice extract into the pan. Allow it to cook for 15 minutes until the chicken cooked, and the sauce starts bubbling.
- If the sauce is thick, you can add water to thin out the sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro / fresh mint leaves and serve with rice or your favorite bread.
Though the ingredients list is long, trust me, it’s simple to prepare. Just follow the directions to enjoy mind-blowing flavors at your home.
Tandoori Chicken Tikka Recipe | King of all Tikkas
Looking for a delicious and tender chicken tikka recipe? Look no further; don’t even waste your time on any other recipes. This tandoori chicken tikka recipe is irresistibly aromatic. It’s a perfect winter meal. I enjoyed knocking it up!
Spice up your next Easter or Christmas party with this tantalizing tikka recipe. Worth the time and fun to make! So easy and so tasty! Follow the step by step suggestions to cook incredibly delicious chicken tikka at home. My family’s all-time favorite!
Servings: 3 Person
- Chicken thighs (1 lb.skinless boneless cut into bite-size pieces)
- Greek yogurt (1 oz)
- Flour/Chickpea flour (1/3 oz)
- Garlic cloves (4)
- Ginger peeled (1-inch piece)
- Green chili (1)
- Paprika powder (1/6 oz)
- Chilli powder (1/6 oz)
- Spice powder (1/3 oz)
- Coriander powder (1/6 oz)
- Pinch cinnamon powder (1/6 oz)
- Pinch of saffron crushed
- Salt (as per taste)
- Butter (for brushing)
- Chaat masala(1/6 oz)
- Lemon juice(0.5 oz)
- Salad and Lime to serve
- In a blender, blend ginger, garlic, and green chili to form a thick paste.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the yogurt and the gram flour to form a thick paste. Make sure no lumps left.
- Add the paste (ginger, garlic & chili paste), paprika, chili powder, allspice powder, and coriander powder. Also mix in cinnamon powder, a pinch of crushed saffron, and salt to taste.
- Put the chicken in the thick marinade. Leave the marinate for 4-6 hours or even overnight for incredible results.
- Soak wooden skewers in water—Preheat the grill with a medium flame and grease with little oil. Remove the excess marinade and put the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Cook the chicken under the grill for about 15-20 minutes. Grill on all sides for at least 5 minutes; brush the chicken with butter until the grilled marks appeared and chicken cubes are cooked through.
- Serve with fresh salad and Naan Bread.
Want to enjoy rich and authentic Pakistani flavors, better than restaurants you’ve been to? Try the recipes mentioned above for once; you’ll get obsessed with these recipes. Words can’t seem even to do these tikka recipes justice; you just have to try these out.
Tempt your taste buds with these healthy and yummy recipes. The unbeatable aroma and delicious recipes with simple ingredients from your kitchen, no one can ignore, am I right? Share your style of preparing chicken tikka; we would love to give it a try. If you’ve tried any one of the above recipes, share your feedback in the comments section below.