Healthy Herring Fish Recipe
Herring fish – this is one of the most sumptuous sea dishes that you can currently find on the market. This is great to enjoy in a sandwich or a salad. It is also full of nutrients and things like healthy omega 3 fish oils, which will help with joint and muscle health.
A lot of people like this fish freshly caught because it tastes delicious, bringing all that salty flavor of the sea. This fish is also very versatile and will go with most dishes. You can chop it, dice it, grill or fry it and each combination will give you a different flavor and texture.
This fish will also go well with other meats. You can cook it with bacon, chicken and even beef. This is a healthy alternative to meats too, coming in a light and fluffy texture that you can serve with rice or vegetables.
What is the best method of preparing herring fish? How much fish will you need for this recipe? What benefits can you expect to have for this fish in terms of nutrients and vitamins? How much will you have to pay to get all the ingredients for this recipe?
Well, if you want to know the answer to these questions and a whole lot more, then we would recommend that you keep reading. We have an easy-to-make herring fish recipe that involves some pretty out-there ingredients, but it will certainly be a talking point for you and your guests at your next dinner party.
Why Herring Fish?
Herring fish is certainly one of the more versatile meats that you can find on the market. This fish is rich in omega 3 oils, which are very good for the health of your joints as well as the health of your brain.
Herring fish is also one of the more sustainable foods that you can find on the market. Not only do fishermen get paid fairly for their catch, but fishing for herrings will actually not result in too much loss to habitat. If you are more environmentally conscious, then we would definitely recommend that you try the fish!
This fish is great for those who are thinking of reducing the fat content of their usual meal. This fish is very low in fat content, coming mainly with healthy oils and plenty of protein. This is great for anyone who has a heart condition and wants to change their diet without losing any of the flavors.
Now that we’ve had a look at some of the reasons why you should definitely take up herring, we’re going to get stuck into the recipe for this delicious fish dish. Make sure that you have all of the ingredients ready before starting this recipe, as there is nothing worse than getting halfway through a dish before realizing that you don’t have a crucial ingredient.
Herring Fish Recipe
This dish serves around 4 people and you can have it cooked and ready in around 10 minutes. Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 600g herring fillets – try and get your fishmonger to cut them into strips
- Milk – try and have only a small amount
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 100g medium oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of flour and ground coconut oil
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
That’s it! Once you have gathered together all your ingredients, then it is time to start preparing your workspace and getting ready to make the meal itself.
- Take your fillets and brush them with the milk. You should make sure that it is coated nice and thick.
- Take your oatmeal and spread it out over an ovenproof plate.
- Coat the herring with your oatmeal, make sure that it is pressed firmly into the flesh of the fish itself.
- Heat a large frying pan of oil over a heavy frying pan. Use a medium heat.
- Fry the bacon until it has a golden brown color and a crispy texture. Make sure not to burn it. Leave it in only for a few minutes.
- Keeping the pan at medium heat, put your oatmeal-covered fish inside. Fry it until the oatmeal is golden brown.
- Now serve this fish with the bacon.
This is all you need to do. Your meal will be ready in under 10 minutes. We would recommend serving it with grilled vegetables, rice or a fried egg on the side. You can also serve this with bread and butter if you want that carb boost.
Additional Hints And Tips
- Serve this with lemon wedges to give you that zesty flavor. We would also recommend that you cook this one with fresh herbs such as parsley and butter.
- Make sure that the fish is golden brown when you cook it. This means that it will be well cooked and perfect for your tastebuds.
- Make sure that the fish is well seasoned, otherwise, you might get some of the traditional flavors. We would recommend rubbing this fish with salt and garlic before putting it on the grill.
- Fish is very absorbent, which is what makes it a great option for cooking and adding flavors.
Our Final Say
We would recommend that you try this herring and oatmeal recipe, as it will give you everything that you need for a full belly without any of the negatives such as high carbs and fats.
This meal is enough to serve 4 people, so you can showcase your cooking skills at your next dinner party. This requires very little prep and cooking time, so you can have this amazing meal rustled up in no time at all. This has great flavors and is perfect for anyone looking to gain a healthy diet.